2 Chronicles 13:3 -And Abijah set the battle in array with an army of valiant men of war, even four hundred thousand chosen men: Jeroboam also set the battle in array against him with eight hundred thousand chosen men, being mighty men of valour.
In my last post, I mentioned that Abijah and Jeroboam were in position to go to war against each other. The only problem was that Jeroboam outnumbered Abijah 2 to 1.
In verse 4 of the same chapter we read, “And Abijah stood up upon mount Zemaraim, which is in mount Ephraim, and said, Hear me, thou Jeroboam, and all Israel”
Abijah doesn’t wait for the attack! He stands up to Jeroboam and his army of 800,000 men to set the record straight!
- He reminds Jeroboam that God made an unbreakable covenant with David and His descendants!
- He reminds Jeroboam that he was not of royal blood, just someone who had rebelled against the king.
- He reminds Jeroboam that when he attacked Rehoboam and took the throne, Rehoboam was too young and timid to resist him.
- He reminds Jeroboam that he isn’t even trying to serve God!
And if that was not enough, he reminds Jeroboam:
- That he has nerves challenging the royal kingdom of the Lord, David’s descendants.
- And he has some nerves challenging the people of God who serve Him and obey Him!
And then He drops the bomb on Jeroboam: God is on our side and don’t even attempt to fight against Him for you shall surely not win!! I get excited every single time I read or hear this statement!! Don’t even try it devil, you won’t win!!
It’s high time that we in the Body of Christ stop letting the devil push us around. After all, he was cast out of heaven and rejected by the Father! He was defeated at Calvary and Jesus made a public spectacle out of him! And Jesus took the keys for our defeat from him and gave us keys of victory!
We need to develop a new mindset when the odds are against us, by realizing that “if God is for us, who can be against us!” We need to shout to the enemy of our soul, “I am more than a conquer in Christ Jesus!” And we need to remind him, “No weapon formed against me shall prosper!’
Sometimes you have to respond to the enemy and let him know that “I am not the one! I don’t care if you defeated this person or that person, I’m not that person! I don’t care if I lost last year, I won’t lose this year! I don’t care if I quit in the past, I won’t be quitting today!!
You can whip the devil in Jesus’ name! You can win!! So when the odds are stacked against you, and you feel like you back is against the wall, remind the devil not only who you are, but whose you are!! And don’t you forget-the battle is the Lord’s!! Wonderful Jesus!!